A home buyer’s gut reaction never goes away. That’s why a home seller should critique each area of their home, or recruit a judgmental friend who can help answer questions like these in each room of their home:
- Is the room cluttered or clean?
- Are there minor repairs or updates needed?
- Review the six areas of a room. The four walls, the floor and the ceiling. What do you see? Is it eye appealing or outdated?
- When you walk into each room how do you feel? Is it a positive or a negative feeling? Light or dark? Comfortable or cold?
- What’s the first thing you notice? Is it appealing or distracting?